Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Average is as Average does.

My wedding is about two weeks away (15 days to be exact).


I honestly can't wait. Patience has never and probably will never be a very "developed" talent of mine. Instead, I employ tricks like demanding that time move faster so that I can be married in what feels like no time!

Just fyi:   Time is a Jerkface.

I guess it's probably a good thing that I have more time than I want because the things that I need to get done seem to continue to pile up and every time I check off a big one about fifty more small ones pop up.



And then I have the whole problem where I recognize that I should probably be spending some time with almost husband (15 days) but we do not live in the same town so it means we have to schedule it like we are some sort of high powered couple with crazy busy important schedules instead of two silly kids with broken cars and jobs in different cities.

Maybe its a good thing but I have to admit I prefer seeing him everyday and doing dumb stuff then planned dates. It seems a little stuffy.

Well, on an extremely upbeat note I have figured out what his nickname is going to be! This is a BD [big deal] because I take nicknames seriously.

I really do not like calling people by their given names. For some reason, I will shorten it to make one syllable or add syllables because "it sounds better" or make one up completely because it has nothing to do with their name. I really do not follow a pattern.

I do this with everyone. I also tend not to ask them if they like it because then they might so "No" and I would not be able to call them what I want to. To save myself from having to stop, I just do it. (Nike would be so proud!)

Anyway, I have come up with a nickname for him; Homestar.

This name is partly because I love Homestarrunner. (check him out at homestarrunner.com)
It's partly because I think of him as my hommie G. (we have in fact started a gang.)

For realz. Here are our gang pictures:
 Ok these really aren't gang pictures but we are complete ridiculous together so he can totally be my hommie G.

And it's partly because of this song:

Home by Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Here's the link to their video (they have two swear words, I'm sorry) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHEOF_rcND8

Here's the lyric that just makes me think of Homestar every single time:
man, oh man you're my best friend
I scream it into nothingness
there ain't nothing that I need

Seriously.
The lyrics are amazingly great at describing how I feel.  The chorus is:
Ah, home
Let me go home
Home is wherever I'm with you
Ah, home
Let me go home
Home is wherever I'm with you.


Home really is wherever I'm with Homestar. And in 15 days, we're making it permanent.




2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. Hang in there! We'll see you crazy kids at the dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: You guys are married! See you guys some time!

    ReplyDelete