Monday, April 4, 2011

Why I am Still Awkward [The Abridged Edition]

I am in this scholar thing.

Its basically like the dorkiest thing I have done to get money for school.

Seriously.

You want to see a nerd. Don't look to far from this one because I have a permanent residence in Dorkville, I work in Geekland and I summer [sidebar: I have been waiting for an opportunity to use that as a verb :) ] in Nerdtown.

It's "Where amazing scholars come together to discuss transformational ideas!" (taken from the website). It makes it sound like Brain Camp or Space Camp "where young explorers come together and soar to new heights!" Its perfect for me because it involves reading books and talking.

I like both. Many would say too much. :)

Anyway, we decided to take pictures because we have to create this book to give to our benefactors. I was against this idea from the beginning but I was over-ruled because "pictures show them who we are." [sidebar: that is a direct quote from one of the girls]


So we took pictures. Most people were nice photos that look like head shots similar to this:



A nice photo of them that even Tyra Banks (of America's Next Top Model fame) would be proud of. No weird teeth shots, happy without looking crazy, beautiful hair, etc. I know Tyra would make this photo of the week (seriously watch the show. It's pretty awesome)

This is my best shot. And it's been tranformed into black and white, so it looks better.

Here are the first three things that people ask:

Q: What's with the plant and the book?
A: We were told to bring our favorite book that we read and mine was Tropical Nature. A book about nature and of course I decided to pose by the house plant, which is not tropical at all.

Q: Why is your mouth open?
A: I don't know. I guess I thought this was a good idea but instead it looks forced and weird. From all the Top Model that I watch you would have thought that I would have learned my lesson and not opened my mouth like I'm a fake model.

Q: So...you are the face of this program?
A: Oh heavens. I hope not.  I am not nearly scholarly enough.

And this ends the abridged version of why I am still awkward.

Come back next time for: reasons to call your dad pops!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Americas Next Top Model!! I didn't know you watched that show :) loved the post by the way <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's weird how many people actually watch that show, but I love it!

    ReplyDelete