Thursday, February 3, 2011

I may have told a half-truth this week but it was for a good cause

So....this week is a special week because....THERE'S AN IWA DANCE ON FRIDAY!!!  

Yes, I realize what you are thinking...Emily. You are way too excited for an IWA Dance. It's not that big of a deal and is in all reality just a lame dance, but au contraire mes amis, this one is completely different because....

THE BOYFRIEND IS COMING WITH ME. TEEHEE. (I had to use a smaller font to attempt to contain my excitement.)

***Sidebar: Ok I realize that for many of you this isn't exciting at all; it's even more boring than when I told you about that time at band camp but for the rest of you who are just bubbling over with excitement that I completely and totally agree with you!! ****

Alright now here are some reasons why I am excited:

1. I love dances. I love to dance. I love listening to the Top 40 (clean mix) songs and shaking my tail feathers. This does not mean I have an ability to dance. In fact, I would say that I am fairly uncoordinated and probably look like a hyperactive squirrel (for a more accurate picture I refer you to the ever striking hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com post on expectation vs. reality to understand my full point) But even still I love to dance, and my uncoordinated dance moves do not stop me from doing it and loving it (if you even think, that's what she said, I will strike you down with a roundhouse kick). 




2. The BF is coming with me. 
(sidebar: ok, I know this is random, but I know if you read this blog, you probably know who I am and know who the BF is,  but....I still do not feel comfortable just talking about him online without his permission, so the BF he will remain until I can think of a better nickname...) 

Which is a pretty big deal as he hates dances, with a burning fiery passion that he usually reserves for things like Satan and Justin Bieber. It only took me a lot bribing and a wee bit of pleading to get him to come. I think it actually went down like this:


Me: So....there's an IWA dance next weekend....*I look pointedly at him waiting for him to finish my sentence with a "sure we should go!"*


Him: yeah? *he knows me too well*


Me: *with a nonexistent amount of nonchalance* We should go!!!!!!


Him:*groans in agony* but...Eemmm...


Me: Come on, I told people I would come (true statement) and it will be real fun (somewhat true: it will be tons of fun for me and no fun for him) and super legit and you'll get dinner (true but a bribe) and I will love you (true but also a bribe) and I really want to go (the start of the pleading)


Him:....


Me: *pulls out the puppy dog eyes and the lip curl  and goes in for the kill* Come on, I missed the last one...*the BF groans again in even more agony* and I can't go by myself and who else would I bring but you? 


Him: fine...


Me:*begins celebratory dance complete with high kicks and cartwheels* WOOOOOHOOOO! 

So...yeah this is a big deal.




3. I have a pretty dress! Because this a formal dance, I had to find a dress. I wore this dress last year but that doesn't stop it from being super pretty. Here is a picture of me and my bff Kodie. (additional sidebar: I like taking pictures but I do not have a camera which seems silly doesn't it? I think when I am super rich and famous I will by myself a camera.)





I am on the right. In the purple dress. Yes I am wearing that dress.

(sidebar: I noticed that we are in a very awkward pose. Like we should be posted on awkwardfamilyphotos.com; I don't know why we are doing this so...just ignore it and concentrate on the DRESS!!!)

I like this dress. I do not know why, I think it does not make me feel gross and fat which is mainly how I feel in formals but its hard not to right?

4. I'm taking the BF for Slurpee's after the dance. I know it seems lame but (hopefully) it will make all the difference for him. :)

So...recap: I'm excited!  

I am a volcano of pure awesomeness just waiting to explode!

(Ok, I'm done, the excitement is out)

No comments:

Post a Comment